Skyzhay's blog

I work in market research and OSRS GP Qualtrics is a industry pillar. If you don't feel comfortable with Qualtrics I understand but my experience let's me think it's alright. So let's say I answered this poll 100% frankly, who'd you envision gets that data? After GDPR I have felt so pressured with every single site ever to track and monitor me it's disgusting, and even disgusting that it was happening before without my knowledge. Taking a look at the survey link and the fundamental disclosures in the bottom of the webpage it does not appear the Jagex is using a third party fielding company so if the only men and women who would have direct access to your information would be the survey developers who will pull exports out of the database to distribute internally. EU also includes some fairly strong data privacy legislation that (at least my US based firm which frequently interacts with Qualtrics links) are followed pretty strictly from the survey developers and information hosting websites.

After running through the survey Jagex definitely is apparently running solo on this one. No third party firm would allow participants directly enter in their own contact info (because it would mean they would lose your business to their customer [not a nefarious thing]) and the only area I found kinda strange was the phone number request in the end. I would have substituted that with a check box for recontacting and pipe-in the email that you could optionally have set in earlier for affirmation. I think you are fine answering this survey when you have privacy issues because essentially all information is unknown and it's using an industry-standard system of Qualtrics. Jagex probably does not have market research ISO certificates but this is a fast annual survey so they wouldn't have to have any.

It is my hope that this feedback encourages the team to make surveys more concentrated to the audience who knowingly take part in the content they are polling, or use them as an advisory tool rather than a judgment. It'd be interesting if they reveal some of the outcomes of the survey. I answered the opposite, that polling is in the crux of OSRS and they need to stick with it. For clarity, I answered that polling is in the core of OSRS. The survey system enables the whole playerbase to open freeform discussion on the proposed changes/additions created to Runescape itself and it's absolutely a great way to gather feedback and people opinion on something. With that said, I really don't believe the current format meets the best interests of Runescape.

I don't believe that the participant base is good at determining which material, based on objective merit, is good for integrity and the overall health of Runescape long term. According to polling, the community enjoyed 6hr NMZ but it was important to remove despite that, which Jagex did. Players do not vote for any changes that make things tougher for them but over time that becomes a negative as content becomes simpler and achievements are diluted, these are very minor but readily add up.

Another illustration is PK and PvP related adjustments that are voted against. People even voted against letting pures wear chaps. The only impact of the to accounts would have been to slightly increase the demand and therefore improve profits from hint scrolls. This isn't an example of polling meeting with the interests of Runescape, it's only a meme of not enjoying pures. If we only see updates that suit the same 75 percent of individuals every time the remaining 25 percent become increasingly marginalised, which isn't a good balance when people 75/25 are apparently so often the very same people.

I mean thats how voting works runescape 3 gold irl. Not everyone is going to make sound decisions while voting, or make the"right" choice. If literally everyone left the most educated, most informed voting choices. The United States wouldn't have. Nothing more, real world example of unemployment. Our voting system isn't ideal, but we all have to ensure we do not wind up pushed RS3 players down. Our throats. There are definitely improves that could be made that do not undermine it though (which aren't being achieved or tried ).
Pages: « 1 2